Have high blood pressure and found skin growth in nostril. Should I be concerned?

ENT Specialist
Hi...I have a growth inside my right nostril that looks like a booger (sp?) If I try to remove it by p
pulling on it,, it is somewhat painful and I am only able to get a little of it. makes me look lIke I have a dIrty nose. I also have hIgh blood pressure. Should I be concerned?
Posted Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Kindly upload a close-up image.

2. Describe the growth in detail such as when it appeared, any history of trauma, the color and texture of the covering skin or mucosa, whether it is broad based or on a stalk, whether it is tender on touch or bleeds and so on.

3. Is it increasing in size? It should be a relatively simple job to remove (excise) it and have it checked (HPE).

4. One possibility is that you are mistaking a normal inferior nasal turbinate for a growth.

Awaiting your reply