Have high blood pressure. Take atenolol and Lisinopril. Had spells of dizziness, shortness of breath. What is the cause?

Hi,I`m 55 yrs old and have high blood pressure.I take100mg of Atenolol and 20mg of Lisinopril daily.Lately I have had spells of dizziness,shortness of breath,racing heart beat and break out in a profuse sweat.Just yesterday I had to cut a trip short because of this.Do you have a idea what may be causeing this?Thankyou XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that since you suffer from hypertension , you are at risk of developing coronary artery disease . The episode that you have mentioned can be an episode of angina , resulting in racing heart beat and profuse sweating .

I would suggest you to immediately see a cardiologist , get an ECG , 2 D ECHO done and possibly plan for Coronary angiography if required . This can be fore runner of impending Myocardial infarction so i would advise you to seek medical care at earliest.

Wish you a good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have high blood pressure. Take atenolol and Lisinopril. Had spells of dizziness, shortness of breath. What is the cause? 6 minutes later
What is angina?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chest pain

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Angina pectoris is commonly known as angina which is chest pain due to ischemia of the heart muscle, generally due to obstruction or spasm of the coronary arteries so the blood flow does not reach the heart adequately .

Dr. Shruti