Have high blood pressure? Is Apo-feno micro 200mg good for gout?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Is XXXXXXX triamterene good for gout? or. Apo-feno micro 200mg better
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 1 hour later
Welcome at XXXXXXX

I have read your query with diligence.By comparing XXXXXXX trimterene & apo feno micro 200mg,it looks that Apo feno is comparatively better.The triametrene itself may lead to elevation of serum uric acid(which is a cause of gout),it also lead to alternation in serum electrolytes,it has probable carcinogenic potential.These are serious side effects which are not found with Apo feno.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.

Dr.Tiwari.

Follow-up: Have high blood pressure? Is Apo-feno micro 200mg good for gout? 2 days later
Thank you.
I also have problem with my blood pressure,I am taking Vasotec 20mg since a long time,It never go lower 144/82-69,I tried other medication but did not work
ex:Micardis,etc.
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 2 hours later
Hello Brunet,
Looking at your age, blood pressure of 144/82 -69 is a good one.You can maintain your blood pressure around that.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.