Have high blood pressure. Could it be due to insect sting near a wrist artery?

can an insect sting near a wrist artery swelling covering the artery cause an increase in high blood pressure, I have no other medical problems, other than high blood pressure,thankyou for asking Jacob
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Insect bites can definitely cause high blood pressure but the duration of such episode is small and it may also be accompanied by various other symptoms like wheezing and  trouble breathing,tightness in throat or chest,rapid heart beat,swelling of lips or face or tongue etc,dizziness etc.

Your high blood pressure is most likely a age related problem since two out of three people above the age of 75 years suffer from high blood pressure.
In old age there is deposition of plaques inside artery resulting in narrowing of lumen of arteries which ultimately cause high blood pressure.

I would advise you to consult your doctor and take the medication to lower it as high blood pressure has it's own consequences.

Please do write to me if there is any other query in your mind.
Best of luck.