Have high and lose libido. Taking azor, bystolic, lovaza and xanax. Safe to take benicar?

I am on azor 10/40, bystolic 10mg, lovaza and xanax for the past 6months, still high and lossing libido.The cardiologist wants me to add vytorin, I dont want to..bad for me, had it before. Used to use Benicar 10 and 40.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Vytorin is a combination of Ezetimibe and Simvastatin. It is used for lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol
You want to avoid probably because of erectile dysfunction? That is not very common, but because you have already had, you can omit the statin part of it. Ezetimibe is less likely, but it is generally not given alone. If the cholesterol is high, you can try fibrates (say, Fenofibrate). Cholestyramine is another alternative, but cumbersome (4 Gm sachets).

Bystolic is nebivolol and is used to treat blood pressure. It is beta blocker. It may have a role in some – you are using already and this may not be the reason. If there is no specific indication apart from pressure, you can take Benicar, as before...
Benicar is olmesartan and is used to treat blood pressure. It is Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB)

Lovaza is Omega-3-fatty acid and is alright.
Xanax is alprazolam and is useful for anxiety. It helps.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Have high and lose libido. Taking azor, bystolic, lovaza and xanax. Safe to take benicar? 13 hours later
Great, last night I only took Azor 10/40 and deleted bystolic. The pressure is good, can I continue this way?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 9 hours later

Yes but...
Beta-blocker should NOT be withdrawn suddenly. There may a rebound. Reduce to half the dose for 3 to 4 days / quarter for next 3 or 4 days / then alternate day for 2 doses and stop.

Happy to hear you are great. You will be great in future too.