Have high TSH, taking Thyronorm. Feel restlessness. What should I do about it?

Hi Doctor,

I am having a thyroid problem. TSH is high
It was 10.61 in XXXXXXX and now its within range and i am taking Thyronorme 100 mg daily but I still feel the restlessness sometime and also I am going through some personal issues which is making me go restless.. What should I do about it?
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 50 minutes later
Hello AAAA
You have not mentioned the present levels of TSH but make sure it is below 3.
Make sure that your hemoglobin and calcium levels are normal.
Since you are thyronorm,you must take some calcium supplement.
Your restlessness seems to be due to the stress and anxiety.
Control your stress by regular exercises,yoga and XXXXXXX breathing exercises.
Make sure that you are not lacking on nutrition and so must take fresh fruits and XXXXXXX vegetables regularly.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have high TSH, taking Thyronorm. Feel restlessness. What should I do about it? 1 hour later
Thanks a lot for your response. I have not checked the TSH level now... Do I have to continue this medication lifetime?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Yes you have to continue this medicine life long,although the dose may keep on varying at different times.
Don't take it as medicine.
It is a hormone which you are replacing from outside,since it is not being produced in sufficient quantities by your body.
Get your TSH levels checked and as I mentioned earlier,you have to bring it below 3.