Have high SGPT, low calcium and high blood sugar levels. Taking pioz mf g2. How to control this?

My SGPT is 52, GGTP is 159, calcium is 7.80, LDL is 116.80, HDL is 28, Glucose Fasting is 150, and PP is 199, HbA1c is 8.2 despite taking PIOZ MFG2 one tab daily please suggest me the way out.

Thank You.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

I am not able to open the attached report with this query.

However I am going to answer your query based on the reports you have mentioned above.

You have moderately high GGTP,slightly high SGPT,low calcium levels,slightly high LDL and low HDL along with high blood sugar levels.

As far as treatment is concerned,you continue taking PIOZ MFG2 in the morning and can add a tablet of GLIMIPRIDE after consulting your physician.

For high LDL levels,a statin like atorvastatin should be added by your physician.

Since diabetes cause osteoporosis,you must take calcium along with VIT D.

High GGTP levels can be due to increased alcohol consumption or if you don't take alcohol,then it indicates the presence of atherosclerosis and is a significant cardiovascular risk of future.

Since you are an hypertensive also,a prompt control of your blood pressure is required.

What you require is investigation of kidneys along with eye examination.

You must consult a diabetologist and plan the treatment.

Along with medications,you require a calorie reduction and control of your weight.

Do regular exercises.

Avoid junk foods and colas.

Avoid sweets and XXXXXXX fried foods.

Quit alcohol and smoking,if any.

Please be very careful regarding your treatment and you have to control your blood sugar levels,hypertension and high lipid levels to avoid future complications.

Control of sugar levels and lipid levels shall improve your liver enzymes level. Please see your physician for altering your medication.

I hope it helps. However you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck