Have high SGOT. What to do?

I have a sgot of 60. It is usually in the 30's. how concerned should I be?
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This increase is insignificant,repeat after 3month

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Elevation in transaminase levels up to 60 which is slightly elevated. It is significant once it is more than 3 times elevated. Presently do not worry get repeat SGOT and SGPT after 3 months.

Meanwhile if you are obese or overweight then do dieting and regular exercise at least 30 min/day and if you take alcohol then please avoid it.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.