Have high Blood pressure, Diabetic and arthritis. Having a growth on penis. What can this be?

Question
Can I get an opinion of this growth on my penis.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Thank you so much for this query. I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored having this opportunity to address your health question today. I am sorry to hear about this growth on your penis and the disturbing thoughts and inconveniences this must have caused you. Hope your battle with high blood pressure and diabetes are coming along great.

From reviewing both pictures, it is a solitary sessile nodule on the foreskin of the penis. It could represent a benign or a precancerous or cancerous lesion. You will need to be consulted by a urologist for proper interrogation and examination. The best approach is to get it excised entirely and do a histopathological exam to tell exactly what it represents and its possible cause(s). Most genital growths(warts) are caused by HPV infections and as such, you should be tested for HPV. If it is positive, then your partner(s) will need to be tested and monitored depending on the outcome of the results.

I hope this answers your query and provides enough information and guidance on how to go about this problem. If you have more specific questions, please let us know and we shall be more than happy to address them. I wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Have high Blood pressure, Diabetic and arthritis. Having a growth on penis. What can this be? 5 hours later
Does an HPV wart be transmitted without sex?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 28 minutes later
Hi and thank you so much for this follow up question.

HPV causes warts. Only the virus can be transmitted and not the wart. This virus can subsequently cause a wart in the newly infected person. The wart constantly shed the virus and do not require penetrating sex to transmit to the another person. Mere contact is sufficient.

I hope this answers your question. I wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah MD.

Follow-up: Have high Blood pressure, Diabetic and arthritis. Having a growth on penis. What can this be? 45 minutes later
How long does an HPV wart develop after contact? Does it hurt to the touch? My growth gets irritated after constant rubbing in my underwear? Subsides after coconut oil and Anti-fungal cream. Does not itch.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 hours later
1.How long does an HPV wart develop after contact?
It varies but may take months to years after contact before it can cause warts. Some never get to even cause warts even many years after infection.

2. Does it hurt to the touch?
No. It only hurts it it become infected, traumatised or becomes a cancer lesion.

3. My growth gets irritated after constant rubbing in my underwear?
This is normal and expected because of its protruding nature that makes it a permanent point of contact with under wears. Try and adopt dressings and postures that will minimize this like dressing light and loose.
4. Dose not itch: Typical unless infected.
5. Itching relief by anti fungals and coconut oil raises the question of whether it is infected by fungi. It may just be the suiting nature of the emollients in the cream/coconut oil, , so not too sure.

I hope this addresses your specific questions. If you should have some more questions, please let me know and address them.
Wish you a good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.