Have high BP, prescribed Telma. History of alcoholism ad fatty liver. Suggest?

My partner has very high Blood Pressure for the last few days... readings ranging between 170/120, 143/116, etc.
He was prescribed Telma H 40 when in India and he's been taking that since last Friday. Currently he is in the US. I'm not sure if the medication is sufficient. Could you advise if there's anything else that he should be doing / taking?
He has a history of alcoholism which is under control now, for the last one month.
A complete check-up was done while he was in India (June) and everything was normal with the exception of Blood Pressure (which was slightly high at the time) and a 'Fatty Liver'
Do let me know if you need any other details.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Telma H 40 is good enough

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query. I have read it with diligence.

I am glad your husband is put on the medicine Telma H 40. I see that he is currently taking this in the US too.

Yes, the medication is sufficient. He must not miss a dose and continue to take it regularly.

The only thing that he needs to do is to get his blood pressure checked at a local hospital in the place where he is currently located in the US. If his blood pressure is normal, which I presume would be, then there is nothing to be worried about.

He needs a little more longer abstinence from alcohol to get back things to normal. Please persuade him for the same.

He needs lifestyle changes in the form of regular exercise and healthy diet, along with the medicine Telma H 40 for a longer healthy life.

Hope this helps you.