Have high BP, pain and stiffness on neck, inflammation on collar bone. Worried for cushings syndrome

Question
I started with a little bit of inflamation on my right collar bone and a stiff neck so I went to see my primary physician. He said he didnt feel lymph nodes, that it was just fat tissue and a stiff neck..Its now 7 months later and my neck is swollen, both sides of my collar bone hurt and feel like I have fluid sacs bulging out it..It also feels like its going around to the back of my neck as well...Besides the pain and swollen neck, my blood pressure has been slightly high, (about 145 over 85/90 and my harmone levels are way low...I've had an ultra sound, xray, cat scan, thyroid test and all are negative...I have seen emergency room doctors, walk-in doctors, ENT, GYN and I'm waiting to see an Endocrinologist...My gyn prescribed Errin to try and get my harmone levels back up but I havent seen a difference yet...I thought it may be a sign of Cushings or something like it, please help
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Hi Dear,
Thanks for writing in. The symptoms you ve noted could well be seen in Cushing s Syndrome. However they are not specific for Cushing s. So only lab parameters can resolve the issue. Basically you seem to have weight gain, bony pains, weakness, irregular cycles/amenorrhea, fat deposition in the neck, lack of energy and may be depression also. Cushing' s syndrome definitely needs to be ruled out. Depending on the examination findings your ENDO will do all the relevant hormonal tests. Rest assured of that. Meanwhile you take multivitamin supplements, calcium and Vitamin D supplements. Do yoga and take exercise regularly. Try to reduce stress levels and if you feel a lot of negative feelings going thru your mind consider seeing a psychiatrist.
Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.
Hope the helps
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Have high BP, pain and stiffness on neck, inflammation on collar bone. Worried for cushings syndrome 5 hours later
Thank you for your response..I'm just concerned about the areas in the collar bone because its not the bones that hurt, its the ? fat deposits that do..The size of the bulging around the collar bone are larger some days and my neck is getting thicker...I do take multivitamins, watch my diet and exercise..I just dont understand how the size of my neck is larger and my weight was the same..If I had gained alot of weight and saw fat buld-up, then I can understand but I dont think fat can change its size at different times of the day...I guess I'll have to wait and see the Endo for more test, but I know something is not right with my body...Thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 17 hours later
Fat deposits shouldnt cause pain. There must be something else going on.Better not guess whats going on bcoz so many possibilities are there. Examination and investigations will resolve the issue. As you rightly said you need to wait for some time to resolve the issue.
Hope this helps.
Shivaprasad