Have high BP, mitral valve damage and had kidney cancer. Can I safely take testosterone supplement?

Excellent

Question
I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, MITRAL VALVE DAMAGE AND HAD KIDNEY CANCER. CAN I SAFLEY TAKE A TESTOSTORNE SUPPLEMENT? I AM LOOKING AT THE ENERGY BOOST AND BELLY FAT WIEGHT LOSS I HAVE READ ABOUT
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Weight Loss

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not recommedned

Detailed Answer:

Testosterone supplements are known to increase the risk of heart disease, with you possessing a damaged Mitral valve I would consider it not safe.

Also it can cause urination obstruction by stimulating prostate growth and lead to back pressure which can affect the already diseased kidneys in you.

Overall I would not recommend testosterone supplements in you. Do discuss the same with your treating doctor.

Follow-up: Have high BP, mitral valve damage and had kidney cancer. Can I safely take testosterone supplement? 15 hours later
GIVEN THE SAME CONDITIONS, WOULD I BE SAFE TAKING COQ10 SUPPLEMENT TO HELP WITH FATIGUE ISSUES, AND IN WHAT DOSAGE?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, not more than 100mg

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, you can take CO Q supplements. Considering the risk you, have dosage not more than 100mg per day would be safe.