Have high BP, feel moody and bad. Can I stop taking losartan potassium and amlodipine cold turkey?

Question
can I stop taking losartan potassium and amlodipine cold turkey? Just stop. I've been taking it for 3 months.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 39 minutes later
Hi there,

Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As you are already suffering from High blood pressure, may I know the exact reason for you to stop your B.P medications?

Please get back to me with your query in more elaborative way.

Dr.SIVAYOGI

Follow-up: Have high BP, feel moody and bad. Can I stop taking losartan potassium and amlodipine cold turkey? 20 hours later
These medications are making me feel bad and moody. My blood pressure was running around 132/78 and I was using Triazide to keep it there or lower.
My new Dr. wanted me to takes these medications, he likes using drugs and I do not!!
I just want to stop both of these drugs and go back to Triazide. I took Triazide for the last 6 or so years without a problem.

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later

Welcome back,

Starting or stopping of anti-hypertensive drugs should be under strict supervision of a Physician. You should not do that for yourself.Because there will be chances of reflex hypertension. If you are facing any problem with your present medication, I better suggest you to discuss with treating physician and tell him about the problem you are facing.

Hope you are clarified now.
If you still face any issues,get back to me.
Dr.SIVAYOGI