Have high BP, diagnosed with fatty liver. What precautions to take?

Hi Doctor,
My main problem is her lever size is increase it seems. is this major problem?.At the time when she was admitted her BP was 200/140. I Have attached my mother's all report. Kindly Advise me what type of precaution she need to take. also she has Skin problem
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

I have gone through all reports you had attached.

Except few all other reports are fine.

The abnormal ones are, Ultrasound scan showing fatty liver with enlargement.
Blood test showing increased creatinine and the 2D ECHO showing mild diastolic dysfunction.

The above abnormalities are age related and are commonly seen in people of this age. There is no need to be worried about. Just repeating the above tests regularly at 6 months intervals is necessary. If there is worsening of any above then there would be need for any treatment.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Have high BP, diagnosed with fatty liver. What precautions to take? 2 days later
Thank you for your kind reply,
But still i have a doubt, because of fatty liver with enlargement what are the problem can be occur in future?.
why i am worried about this because my Dad has past away 2 years before only and he had heart failure, his pumping level was 15 at the time he was admitted in hospital, and i remember, at that time doctor's say's that he should not have much water since his lever and the heart size is increase. so i am so worried about my mom. did fatty liver with enlargement let to any major problem?. and also you have mention that
(Blood test showing increased creatinine and the 2D ECHO showing mild diastolic dysfunction) what it means?. can you please explain me briefly.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The blood creatinine is seen raised when there is problem in kidney functioning. In here the levels are not too raised to be considered. Just repeating the test after a period of 6 months to keep a watch would be necessary.

The ECHO showing mild diastolic dysfunction means there is disturbance in pumping mechanism of the heart which is not too serious. This is a common finding in old age but care has to be taken to maintain good heart health by regularly consulting a cardiologist.

The fatty liver she has may not be a harm at all. This is very much in the initial stage of the liver damage and do not pose any health risk in near days.

Hope, I cleared your doubts.

Follow-up: Have high BP, diagnosed with fatty liver. What precautions to take? 13 hours later
Thanks doctor for writing,
I am sorry to disturb you again and again by asking the same question. Since i faced a lose in just 2 years back, so, i don't want it to repeat again. So i am very serious, this time.Hope you understand. Prevention is better than cure, that's why i am keep on asking the same question. As you mention in your previous answer about the pumping level and kidney. my first question after the 2 D and Scan was done, i asked my doctor whether my mom has any pumping issue or any kidney problem? My doctor said both are fine. nothing to worry. hope you too mean the same?.
Now a days, my mom is not getting sleep. she sleep morning after 5.30 am to 10.30 am only. she watch TV till that time, because she don't get sleep before 5 to 6 am. previously i thought because of TV only she is not sleeping so i switched off the Dish connection for 15 Days, but even at that time also she don't sleep. she simply sit and pray or keep quit. but she don't get sleep. what my mom said is, she tried counting 1 to 100, taking god name for 108 times etc.. but nothing help her. she is not getting sleep before 5am. she don't ever sleep in afternoon. I think this will let her problem in future. so what need to be done without advising for sleeping tablets.
r you can advise me to whom should i consult for this issue.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

I understand your concern. I do appreciate your care towards your mother.

I mentioned in my first post that though there are variations in the test results, they are expected and can be considered non XXXXXXX in that age.

Regarding sleep issue, you may have to take her to a Psychiatrist who can after counselling can identify the cause for the lack of sleep and advice natural remedies.

Hope, I answered your query.

I wish her good health.