Have high BP. What are the chances of ascending aortic aneurysm getting dissected?

What are the chances of an acending aortic aneurism (4.4)dissecting? It has been stable for 3 years but I occasionally have high blood pressure. Thank you
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 days later
Brief Answer: Less compared to rupture Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry for the delay in my response. The chances of a 4.4 Aneurysm getting dissected is less compared to rupture. The chances of rupture is more specially if it is a saccular variety. The exact figure of risk of dissection can be assessed by observing the blood pressure variation, type of aneurysm and the location. Hope, I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any other concerns. Regards,