Have high BP, TMT showed ischemia. No history of heart disease. Suggest?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Hello Doctor
My husband is 55 years old and 15 days back had some giddiness through the day and went to a local doctor who checked his blood pressure and noted 140/90 and advised him to consult a cardiologist after which we got his ECG done which is normal. He does not have any other symptoms and feeling well. Yesterday we just went to cardiologist for a checkup n he advised to undergo TMT, which is showing positive for inducible ischemia. Please let me know if he has any complications related to his heart. There is no family history of any heart disease to my knowledge and hypertension runs in the family.

Thanks and regards
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 31 minutes later

A positive TMT means possibility of the blockage in arteries of the heart. But it is only screening and means only possibility and calls for further evaluation.

Depending on the severity of changes further steps needs to be taken. If it has shown significant changes than go ahead and have Coronary Angiogram done. If it is minor changes and doctor also feels it is borderline than you can go for CT coronary angiogram.

You may also get back to me by uploading TMT graph so that I can very objective in my answer.

Thanks and Regards
Follow-up: Have high BP, TMT showed ischemia. No history of heart disease. Suggest? 43 hours later
We took a CT coronary angiography and the results shows;
1. 30 to 40% stenosis of proximal LCX, mid and distal RCA.
2. 20 to 30% stenosis of proximal LAD.

Please let me know if this can be treated medically or to undergo surgery.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 16 hours later
A medical management can be opted in the hands of a skilled cardiologist. The treating doctor knows the protocols to manage. Let me know if you have further concerns.