Have high BP. On tenoric. Blood in spit, heaviness in forehead, laziness. High cholesterol and blood sugar. Suggest?

Hi Doc,
I am 41years old male, have high BP and have been taking regular medicine Tenoric25 since last 2 years, now i sometimes get blood when i spit, heaviness in forehead, slightly lazy feeling continues, I got my regular LIPID profile check which indicated slightly high cholestrol and high blood sugar level of 175 Fastingl for which my doctor gave ATOR INDIA 10mg since last one week, and have adviced to get blood sugar test done again
But this blood in spit problem is troubling me like hell, what to do
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

First of all what I understand from your question is

1. You are a patient of hypertension
2. You are also having high lipids for which tablets are now started
3. High fasting sugar
4. Main concern is blood sometimes in spitting.

First of all you need to properly evaluate for diabetes. Please discuss with your doctor and get HBA1C done. This blood test will give average sugar for last 90 days and will immediately clinch the diagnosis that whether you are a diabetic or not. Fasting 175 is very high.

Blood in spitting could be due to various reasons.

1. Uncontrolled blood pressure
2. Local throat infection
3. Some gum problems

Please visit an ENT surgeon and get your self examined for this. In case some local problem is there, which is more likely, this will taken care off with treatment and blood will stop coming. Headache and dizziness can be due to this kind of local infection.

I hope that your blood pressure in under control with drugs.

In mean time please do the following,

Keep record of your blood pressure
Avoid fried foods and cold drinks
Do not blow forcefully
Visit an ENT Surgeon for throat examination.

I hope this helps.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.