Have high BMI. Diagnosed with Hepatomegaly with Grade two Fatty Liver. Positive stress test. Suggest exercise to reduce weight?

Thanks doctor, I have has an executive check up at Haria Hospital , Vapi , I am glad to inform that all the tests have reported normal parameters. however, I am obese with my AGE at 45 years, Height=180 cms ,and Weight=115 kgs., obviously with a high BMI. Further, a case of Hepatomegaly with GrADE II Fatty Liver, Positive Sress Test ( Test is mildly positive in Inferior leads by ST criteria with quick recovery). I have to be honest that I am not an alcoholic, but an occassional socialize (say once in a fortnight) with two-three pegs only. However, I have stopped drinking for a month or two , to the point of quitting, if i resolve strongly.

Kindly, advise me to dramatically reduce weight with the exercise and diet regimen..

Incidentally, I have to report that an occasional craving for chinese food like paneer chilly ,leads to an upset stomach. A reputed Doctor has prescribed me Geripan once daily, Enzox plus twice daily for 15 days and of course Janflox daily twice daily for three days...I have no issues with this dosage..

My concern is to reduce weight ,stop cravings for street foods, please advise the exercise and diet regimen, and what should be the threshold weight for me,

please pardon for the long winding question
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Your BMI is 35.5 which is ver high.

You need to reduce around 35 kg weight. Ideal weight for you will be around 80kg.

For this you have to take very low caloric diet which should not be more than 800 kilocalories. For this you should reduce fat/ oil intake and take more fruits, vegetables and salad in your diet

For diet chart you should visit a dietician who will discuss your like and dislike regarding food items and will help you in giving that chart. Make sure total calories per day should not exceed 800 kcal

Since you have positive stress test I will advise you to do some aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes per day and yoga especially kapal XXXXXXX

Among medicine you should continue with geripan, also take tablet ursodeoxycholic acid and capsule evion.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.