Have hiatus hernia and Costochondritis. Can hiatus hernia and Costochondritis caused by sexual position?

I have hiatus hernia and Costochondritis,( inflammation of the ribs) cartilage. Can hiatus hernia and Costochondritis, can be cased by sexual position when he is on top? Is it wise to avoid this position now ? It feels like it's too much pressure on my stomach. I am 55 kg and he is 85
Thank you
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Avoid such sexual positions. Take rest and NSAIDS.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

In most of the persons, Cause of both Costochondritis and Hiatus Hernia have no identifiable cause.

Direct trauma and strenuous weight lifting as well as vigorous coughing may be the cause for costochondritis.

As you suspect, Your usual sexual position with vigorous sexual activity may be the cause for your Costochondritis.
Rest and like Ibuprofen are helpful in painful situation.

As far as Hiatus hernia is concerned, too much pressure on abdomen can cause Hiatus Hernia.
If possible, Avoid such sexual positions which increase your abdominal pressure.
Most people do not experience any symptoms of their hiatal hernia so no treatment is necessary.
If you have symptoms of Heart burn, take H2 blockers or Proton pump inhibitors like Pantaprazole.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.