Have hiatal hernia, can it cause stomach to look like a beer belly ?

i have a hiatal hernia , can it cause my stomach to look like a beer belly ?
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly it does not.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Hiatal hernia, usually causes difficulty in swallowing and breathing, heart burn due to acid reflux etc. But, the reasons for stomach to look like a beer belly is mainly central obesity due to excess deposition of abdominal fat which again is because of various genetic and environmental factors.

Hiatal may require treatment if it is large and symptoms are bothersome.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: