Have hiatal hernia. Endoscopy and blood test normal. Reason for white spots in loose stool?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have floating stools with white spots in them. I have a hiatal hernia and suffer from frequent gas pains. What could it be? I've had an endoscopy and colonoscopy, with blood tests, they found nothing.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 1 hour later

It appears that you might have what is called 'steatorrhoea'. Please note that I could be wrong since I am replying to the symptoms you have stated.

There is a possibility that there could be pancreatic exocrine (digestive juice related) abnormality.

Please check with your gastroenterologist. He should be able to solve your problem. On the face of it, cancer looks unlikely.

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.