Have herpes on face, chest as well as eyes. How to remove marks or it will go naturally?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
have harpies on face chest as well as eyes.getting married next year.really worried about marks on my face.what to do?how to remove marks or it will go naturally after some time?please tell me in details things to do.
thank you
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 58 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
First, herpes is virus which is one of the most common infectious disease. It lives in nerves root and usually it become periodically active and inactive during out life. Sometimes it never become active and sometimes few ttimes per year it cause skin changes
It is considered that it become active when out immunity system weakens,for example after respiratory infection or if you dont take enough vitamins.
Skin changes caused by herpes are blisters filled with clear fluid and it goes away spontaneoulsy without leaving any scars.But, it is important not to touch or scratch those herpes blisters because it can become infected and then complications may occur. These skin changes pass after few weeks and it can be speed up by certanin medicines and creams. So you dont have to be worried about your wedding,till that you wont have any sign of herpes.

If you have herpes close to your eyes this should be managed properly. Sometimes it can lead to certain complications.
So if this is spread close to your eyes you should visit your GP and ask for antiherpetic medicines called "aciclovir". It can be taken by tablets or as a cream and lotions. It is usually helpful and if you notice herpes before your wedding you can take these medicines 1 week before and you ll be fine.
Also, you should strengthen you immunity system by taking vitamins, fruit and vegetables,and avoid starving, weight losing,stress and alcohol.

If you have any questions I ll be glad to help.
Follow-up: Have herpes on face, chest as well as eyes. How to remove marks or it will go naturally? 6 days later
Thank you doctor.I had acivir as antiherpetic medicine and it has worked.Another problem i am facing right now is accute pain like electric shock starting from the corner of my eyes across the back of my head.It pains a lot in the back of my does not happen always but at times.When it happens feels like electric shock going through there.My local doctor says as Hepres affected my eyes and face it is due to this.Can you please suggest some medicine or anything else to cure this?Please help.It pains a lot.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi again. I glad you feel better.
Yes, this pain is probably caused by herpes too. even if there is no visible skin lesions, herpes can affect nerves and cause such pain.So you should take aciclovir for some more time. Also standard nonsteroid painkillers should be helpful. It would pass in short time,try to avoid noise, cold wind and ater, lights and stress. And take some vitamins to strenghten your immune system.
Follow-up: Have herpes on face, chest as well as eyes. How to remove marks or it will go naturally? 3 days later
thank you doctor.i am having as much of vegetables,fruits etc possible to make my immune system better.But as my immunity system is basically weak can i take some external vitamin in form of medication?please suggest what are the ways of building up a good immunity system over time?does raw garlic or turmeric help in the process??
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 4 hours later
It can be built up by changing lifestyle and dietary habbits.
Most important vitamins are: beta-carotene and other carotenoids: Apricots, asparagus, beets, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrots, corn, green peppers, XXXXXXX mangoes, turnip and collard greens, nectarines, peaches, pink grapefruit, pumpkin, squash, spinach, sweet potato, tangerines, tomatoes, and watermelon

Vitamin C: Berries, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cantaloupe, cauliflower, grapefruit, honeydew, XXXXXXX kiwi, mangoes, nectarines, orange, papaya, red, green or yellow peppers, snow peas, sweet potato, strawberries, and tomatoes

Vitamin E: Broccoli, carrots, chard, mustard and turnip greens, mangoes, nuts, papaya, pumpkin, red peppers, spinach, and sunflower seeds, olive oil.

Also some other antioxidants are useful and found in: Prunes, Apples, Raisins, All berries, Plums ,Red grapes, Alfalfa sprouts, Onions, Beans
YOu can take Zinc and selenium supplements in pharmacy, as well as any other vitamins if you think u are not taking it enouh from yur food.

You should avoid heavy food, unhealthy fats,alcohol and smoking.
Secondly you must reduce stress levels, lose weight if overweight and spend more time on fresh air and sunlight and exercising.
I am sure this will be helpful for you.
WIsh you good health.