Have herpes. Test report was negative. Never had outbreak. Could the test be wrong?

Jul 2016

I have been with my husband 10 years and only with him I found out I have herpies 1 and 2 I suspected he was cheating from vaginal infections I kept getting. I was tested at any lab test now and when I got the results I confronted him. He still cheated after that and then he was tested at the health dept. He told me today that he was negative how is that possible? I have never been unfaithful. I have never had a outbreak or anything like that could his test be wrong? If I had it for 10 years how could I not pass it to him?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Herpes 2 infection is acquired hrough sex only

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have recently tested positive for Heres1 and 2 infection.

Herpes 1 infection can get transmitted in childhood through kissing by an infected individual
however herpes 2 is transmitted only through sexual contact with infected person.

Please repeat the tests( D.N.A and P.C R ) of your husband in well renowned laboratory.

If the test come positive both of should discuss the issue and sort it a out amicably without confrontation .It is likely that your husband may have sexual contact with infected woman in his early adolescence before getting married.

Please both of you start taking treatment and have a piece of have better and longer lasting healthy relationship and happy sexual life .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you