Have herniated disc. Fell down. Can I take OxyContin for pain?

My name XXXXXXX I can not get help I told the doctor I have two bad herniated disc and I fell down three steps from the bottom on my back I am in a lot of pain. Can you call me in a prescription for XXXXXXX and OxyContin 15 mg. that's what the doctor gave me before and can you give me refills on that as well. I have no refills on there, thank you.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 days later
Brief Answer:
Xray of back and a physical exam. advisable

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic.
The injury that is causing such a severe pain should be evaluated by local physical examination by a local physician because there can be serious injuries and painkiller may mask it to lead to serious permanent neurological damage like paraplegia.
xrays of dorsal and lumbar spine are often all that is needed in such scenarios.
If no serious injuries then you may be suitable candidate for the opioid analgesia as you have asked.
These medicines can not be prescribed online, they should be prescribed only after personally examining the patient.
You can use the combination of Tramadol and Paracetamol or a Fentanyl skin patch.
I will be in your good interest to get examined by a local clinician as soon as possible.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.