Have hernia. Can ladies mantle can be used to treat hernia?

Hi Doctor, my name is XXXXXXX My question is if ladies mantle can be used to treat hyena ? I have hyena and someone told me I can drink ladies mantle in form of tea to treat.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I presume you are talking about hernia.

There is no scientific basis that ladies mantle is useful in treating hernia. There is no evidence to prove that ladies mantle or any other form of medication is sufficient to treat hernia. I have also not found no enough anecdotal evidences to prove that ladies mantle alone has helped in this case. You will still need additional measures such as weight reduction, avoiding strenuous activities and treating constipation/chronic cough early to treat hernia. The aforementioned conservative measures will be helpful in keeping hernia stable.

A permanent treatment/cure is from surgery alone.

Hope this helps. You are free to write back for clarifications.

Follow-up: Have hernia. Can ladies mantle can be used to treat hernia? 7 minutes later
Thanks Doctor
Answered by Dr. Prasad 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
If you do not have any other concern to discuss, I wish you to review this answer by closing the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck!!