Have hereditary heart disease. Have had 3 arteries 99% blocked and stents placed. Any suggestions?

I have hereditary heart disease. My mother's father had a long history. At age 33 I had 3 arteries 99% blocked. I am a 36 year old male. I now have 8 stents. i was told that in 10 years i would likely need triple bypass. I currently have a high stress job as an electrical engineer in manufacturing. I would like to quit but I can't because I would no longer have any affordable medical insurance. Am I eligible for disability, or partial disability that would cover medical insurance costs so that i could at least get a less stressful job which may not cover insurance?
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
I compliment you in your effort in proving the doctors (who did the last intervention of stent implantation in you) wrong and I am really pleased for you and impressed by your determination. Keep that up. Reasons are two fold. Firslty, in 2009, modern drug eluting stents (I assume some of those eight were drug coated) stents were only 10 year old in the US and there exact life was not known to cardiologists. Secondly, some god given collaterals to your native coronary arteries have opened meanwhile. However, credit must be given to you, in following up your life style in manner not conducive to stent blockade or coronary artery disease de novo. Well, stress is one of the risk factors and you are right that less stressful job would be of help. It ought not be tradeoff between medical insurance and less stress. I tried net to look for such rules which can benefit you in the state of Wisconsin, I came across this reference which I thought could be of help:

WWW.WWWW.WW 1-800-279-9966 ext. 1156 or YYYY@YYYY

Please call them and find out precise answer to your job query.

Meanwhile, start doing yogic exercises which act as stress buster. You must remember stress is universal it is reaction to stress which matters and wrong reaction or aggressive reaction is the one which causes harm. I have taken this translation of original Sanskrit description of one of the yogic asana. It can be done without much effort ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes in the evening.
I quote:
How do you do Savasana?
1. Lie with your back, legs straight, and arms at your sides. Rest on your hands five
inches apart from your body with palms facing upward.
2. Rest on your feet drops open and closes your eyes.
3. Let your breath occur naturally, when breath is free mind also free. When the
breath is, allows moving naturally, the mind settles into itself.
4. Allow your body and mind to feel heavy on the ground.
5. From your feet soles to head-crown, consciously set free every body part, organ,
and cell.
5. Relax your face; make your eyes drop XXXXXXX into their sockets.
6. Welcome peace and silence into your mind, body, and soul.
To exit savasana:
1. First take a XXXXXXX breath followed by gentle movement from toes to head (head
be the last part) and awareness back to your body.
2. Then, slowly roll to your right side and rested there for few seconds, inhale and
comfortably move to seated position.
Hindrance or obstacles to the savasana
The most common obstacles to a Savasana practice are:

Nap (a brief sleep),
Mental agitation,

Although Savasana is the most difficult asana to perform, the focus is simple - relax everything (every body part and mind). If you get distracted or agitated, you can always undo, unwind, let go from the start
End of quote

That is not to say that you discontinue any advice given by your doctors and follow up of medicines you are taking. If you have a question for me, please ask, I will be most happy to answer. Drugs, diet and exercise will go long way to help you out. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW