Have hep c liver asymptomatic, high BP. Recovering from foot surgery. Should I go for treatment?

I am 61 white male 205 lbs 6'3" have stage 3 hep c liver asymptomatic.
I am recovering from foot surgery and it seems that my blood pressure is elevated.
systolic is averaging 145-155 diastolic is averaging 80-90 pulse rate is usually 66-70 when blood pressure taken while sitting.
Whats up with this found out about this when my dentist took bp and refused to clean my teeth, said I should go to er. that episode was 167sys- 115 disys
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Blood pressure reading of 167/115 is definitely high and it requires medication.
Your dentist has rightly refused any dental treatment for fear of bleeding.
You must go to ER and get the treatment.
This high blood pressure reading suggests that you should be on some anti hypertensive medication on regular basis. Ideally your BP should be around 130-140/ 80-85.
Get yourself investigated for lipid profile also.
Along with medicines, you must restrict your salt intake by avoiding tinned and canned foods and avoiding additional table salt in your food.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck