Have hemorrhoid. Noticed blood in stool and yellow urine. How to overcome this problem?

just saw a thin red line of blood on my stool. urine is a yellow color. I do have hemmroids. Do not have insurance to cover a doctor's visit.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hello ma'am.

Thank you for your query.

Hemorrhoids can cause painless bleeding at the end of a bowel movement. Blood in the stool can be a sign of a complex problem and requires to be evaluated by a doctor. It would be best if you could visit a doctor, treatment suggestions might include: hydrocortisone creams, suppositories, pads, etc. If required minimal invasive procedures or even surgery would be recommended.

In the meantime, you could have:
-Plenty of water
-Mild forms of exercise (that does not involve lifting of heavy objects)
-Sufficient amount of fiber in your diet (vegetables, whole grains, etc.)
-Ice or cold packs applied locally

All these remedies provide temporary relief, complete relief will only be provided by a doctor. I request you to kindly visit your doctor at the earliest. Please write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be glad to help.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Have hemorrhoid. Noticed blood in stool and yellow urine. How to overcome this problem? 35 minutes later
I don't have medical insurance.... who to cure otherwise...
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 14 minutes later

Thank you for your response. As I mentioned earlier, your condition requires proper investigation by a doctor, which would only be the best way to completely cure your condition. However, as you have a limitation, the treatment will also be limited and might or might not provide complete relief. The possibilities as of now would be:

-A hydrocortisone cream (eg. Hytone, Ala-cort, Proctocort, Locoid, Cortril ointment, Cortef ointment, Texacort, Westcort, etc.). To be gently applied around the anus in the morning and at night for 2-6 days. Caution advised as this can have side effects. Please visit a doctor if you experience side effects like rash, difficulty breathing or swallowing, itching, infections, burning, cracking of skin)
-H,TUCKS (containing witch hazel) medicated pads to be used locally
-Ice or cold packs on affected area
-Increase fiber in your diet
-Plenty of water

I hope this helps you, without having any adverse effects. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.