Have hemophilia. MRI found cyst on tailbone. What are the treatment available?

Nov 2013

i have a 6mm cyst on my tailbone that was verified using an MRI. My treatment has been
pain medication and self healing. The condition initially improved after 8 months but I have seemed to reinjured the area by twisting or stopping over.
What other treatment are available? Can I get a nerve block shot? I am a hemopheliac
so surgery is a last resort if it is an option at all.
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

For pain relief in your case, there are these following options:

1. Medications- such as pregabalin and gabapentin, which are specific for relieving nerve pain. For recent injury-related pain, you may benefit from ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets.

2. Physiotherapy methods- such as ultrasound, IFT, etc

3. Nerve block- if the cyst is impinging or compressing a lumbar or sacral nerve, nerve block may be an option.

4. Surgery- the cyst can be removed surgically. However, as you said, in your case, this would be the last option, if all the above fail.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist