Have hematuria. Cystoscopy showed calcium deposition. Passing brown urine. Medical cure?

I have hematuria. Not a UTI. Have had cystology exam. It came out fine other than small calcium deposit. Awaiting CT scan results. Urine is brown with tissue bits. Was occasional, now is constant. No history of the obvious causes. No obvious symptoms, I.e., freq urination, burning, etc. other than constant fatigue and mild lower pelvic discomfort on occasion. What could be the possible causes?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The common causes for hematuria are UTI), stones in kidney or bladder, bladder or kidney cancer. You said that you did not have UTI. As cystoscopy is clear, possibilities of bladder cancer or stones are really low.

Other possibilities are kidney stones or cancer, kidney disease like nephritis, thrombosis (clot) of the vessels supplying the kidney and blood coagulation abnormalities.

Further tests which would help in clinching the diagnosis are CT scan (already done), blood counts and coagulation parameters and if urine examination suggest possibility of nephritis, possibly a kidney biopsy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any follow-up queries.