Have hearing loss. Cannot understand even with the use of hearing aid. What kind of equipment should I opt for this implant ?

ENT Specialist
Question
Dear Sir : I am XXXX aged 48 years ( weight 90KG & 162 Cm height ) and last 10years I am feeling the hearing loss . When ladies speaking I could not understand. And I have started to use of hearing aids ( Siemens ) both the ears. Now my job is always having some kind of meetings with various teams like foreigners . Now I can't understand the even after the using of hearing aids. Now I came to know that some implant equipment is there and it is fixing through surgeory. Now my question is what kind of equipment i have to opt for this implant ? And approximate cost of this surgeroy ( for a good equipment )? Kindly advise , I am in a position to leave my job due to this issue . Request you to give a good hospital for this in Kerala / Coimbatore. Please guide me Advance thanks
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vibrant Sound bridge

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query.

It suggests that you are suffering from Progressive bilateral sensorineural hearing.
I have also gone through your Pure tone audiogram. It suggests that you have more loss in higher frequency. If you are using the hearing aid of the best quality then surely you go for Vibrant sound bridge otherwise you may take one more trail of the best hearing aid.
Vibrant Sound bridge is the choice of individuals who cannot use conventional hearing aids or who are unsatisfied with them and do not achieve sufficient benefit.
For approximate cost of surgery, I personally advised to you for contact your previous doctor.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Follow-up: Have hearing loss. Cannot understand even with the use of hearing aid. What kind of equipment should I opt for this implant ? 48 minutes later
Hi sir, Vibrant Sound Bridge where we will get this one ? Is it an equipment ? Which is the best hospital in Kerala or Coimbatore for this facility ? Regards Js

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Semi-implantable middle ear device

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your follow up query.

For this semi- implantable middle ear device you may contact- XXXXXXX ENT Hospital & Research Institute
69, West Venkataswamy Road,
R.S.Puram, Coimbatore -0000

About Vibrant sound bridge -
It is an FDA approved; semi-implantable middle ear device intended to provide a level of useful sound perception to individuals with a moderate-to-severe sensorineural hearing loss.
It is considered a semi-implantable device because there is both an XXXXXXX component and an outer or external component.
Again if you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.