Have headaches. MRI showed lesions on brain. Tried cortizone shots. Suggest?

Neurologist, Surgical
I live with headaches all my life,started when i was approx 6yrs old. I am now 49yrs young. Migranes mostly,clusters,etc. I had an MRI and was told that I have leisions on the brain......I still have headaches daily,I wonder do the leisions keep coming,are they likely the reason for my terrible memory which use to be fantastic??? I do see a pain specialist,not until October. We have tried cortizone shots in the head,and alot of other avenues,I need some new ideas or opinion.Please + Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Migraine /tension headaches

Detailed Answer:
Hello & wishing you a speedy recovery. I have gone through your history in detail.
You have mentioned that you are having migraine since years together.
Your MRI brain is showing lesions. What type of lesions are they? Normally, in migraines, MRI brain is NORMAL.
May I suggest

1.     continue with the medications as prescribed

2. There are few medications, which are to be taken on SOS basis when headache is severe
3. Ask your neurologist to add a combination of CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE+AMITRYPTYLLINE. It mostly helps in reducing frequency & severity of headaches
4. Try some de stressing/ anti anxiety medications along with meditation /yoga etc.
5. Get a repeat MRI BRAIN
6. Get regular blood pressure checkups
7. Take your antidepressant medications regularly

I hope this will make you some better.
dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon