Have headache, sore throat, low grade fever, back pain and knee pain. What is causing this?

Hi, I have a low grade fever, pain in the lower back and my knees. I also feel yuck. It is mid morning and I am also very tired although Despite waking up about 7 times I fell straight back to sleep. I feel generally yuck and I am having difficulty keeping my eyes open and focusing. I was getting a headache on and off and my neck is a bit sore but I can put my chin to my chest. What could this be? I did have a sore throat but it has cleared a bit.
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
I have read your query with diligence. Your pain at back, knees or head seems to be related to fever you are getting. We need to find out the cause of the fever and get treated accordingly. Consult your General Physician and get your some required investigations done. Your doctor may order you test like Complete blood count, MP, Widal, Liver function test or urine examination depending upon the clinical examination and condition.
The other reason for knee and back pain may be obesity and it is good that you have lost about 40 kg weight. Keep it up.
Once the cause of fever is find out and you get treated you will get relief from your pains. If not than orthopedics consultation may be needed.
Meanwhile take Paracetamol or Ibuprofen to reduce fever and pain.
Hope this will help you. Write back for any follow up query.
Best Wishes and get well soon.
Dr. Kulbir Singh