Have headache, runny nose, sneezing problem and pressure on eyes. Temporary relief after using ricura

Jun 2015

HI, i have sneezing problem, like 15-20 times at one go and a running nose, slight headache at times i do have pressure on the eye area and clear mucus. i have started with ricura drops which have considerably reduced pressure on the eyes and their burning but have not cured the sneezing. i have acute dark circles too.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 46 minutes later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post suggest that you might be having Allergic Rhinitis.

Management includes:
1. Antihistamine preparations- for symptomatic relief during acute attacks.
2. Montelukast preparations- used as a maintenance therapy to relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies.
3. Maintain adequate hydration & take a healthy balance diet.
4. Avoid stress- practice meditation & regular exercise.
4. Also make sure that you are well protected from cold, dust & other allergens.

Due to ethical reasons, I cannot write the name of the medications in this forum.
So, it will be better to consult an ENT specialist & get a proper examination done to rule out any problem in the nose & throat. Your ENT specialist will know about these medications and based on clinical medications will prescribe them to you. Wishing you a good health.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Follow-up: Have headache, runny nose, sneezing problem and pressure on eyes. Temporary relief after using ricura 13 hours later
I had been to London for a year and whenever i was in Punjab, I do not have any sneezing issues, it is barely there or not present at all. I can apply perfumes and talc too. But once back in Mumbai, I cannot use anything. The slightest smell of phenol also leads to irritation. I eat a healthy diet daily. When in London, consuming cold drinks, juices did not cause anything, but in Mumbai, sleeping in AC or consuming anything cold disturbs my cycle. It specially happens in summer with climate and temperature fluctuating. For a years i had watery eyes, headache, burning sensation, etc. but with these homeopathic drops, though the sneezing didnt go totally, it reduced and slight headache was there, there was no watery eyes or inability to focus. On certain days, as i wake up, i sneeze 10-15 times and then i am fine during the day and on days i might start sneezing during the day and it may develop into the runny nose. I take some steam to relieve the blocked passage. So is steam good to continue with and i prefer homeopath as it always has suited my body for any sickness. Is it to do with weather/climate and the pollution? Does this rhinitis have impact on teeth/dental issues?
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 3 hours later

Thanks for your review queries.

1. The allergic rhinitis has its basis on the body's response to various allergens, which depends on the weather/climatic condition of that particular place, including dust & pollution.
Presence of the symptoms in a particular place, like Mumbai indicates that your body is reacting to the allergens which may include fluctuations in temperature, humidity, pollution, dust, pollens, food, etc.

2. Steam inhalation is helpful in this regard, as it will relieve the blocked respiratory passage.
If you are getting relief from homeopathic medications, then please continue them.
And if possible try to find out the agent to which your body is getting allergic to.
So that its exposure can be prevented & symptoms can be controlled.

3. Studies have shown that Rhinitis causes airway obstruction in humans and functional changes of the oral-maxillary muscles.
This can alter the normal development of the teeth leading to dental malocclusion & other problems.

Hope I have been able to answer your queries.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.