Have headache, migraine and mild OC. Is taking Vyvanse in the morning sufficient?

Headaches, ocular migraines, mild OA. Generally good health for my age; I swim or engage in aerobic activities for at least 30 minutes 4 or more times a week. Psychosocial stressors: I recently lost both my elderly parents and have had some concerns about replacing my substantial salary after 24 years in federal program consulting. Happily married with one child about to enter grad school.

of vyvance in the morning is sufficient. Can I get an online prescription for Vyvance 50 mg. and save some $$$. I lost my healthcare insurance a year ago.

Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later

Hope you are doing well. I read your query with diligence.

I am sorry about the headaches, migraines, and the OA. I am glad about your personal life being happy and peaceful.

As you know, Vyvanse is a federally controlled substance (CII) because it can
be abused or lead to dependence. Getting an online prescription for the same is against the law and is unethical to the medical practice. I am sorry but I am afraid the drug cannot be prescribed online.

I understand you want to save a few dollars. But there is no second option for it other than getting it prescribed by a doctor in person. Also, the doctor should carefully weigh the risk-benefit ration in you and prescribe it. The maintenance therapy warrants a close watch-up by the treating doctor.

You seem to be a gentle person; I hope you understand.

Please let me know if there is anything that I could help you. I would be glad to guide you anytime.

Take care and regards,

Follow-up: Have headache, migraine and mild OC. Is taking Vyvanse in the morning sufficient? 14 hours later
Thank you doctor, for your forthright response. A non-urgent question for you:

I am spending about 900$ per month on my families prescription and visits to GPs. I have been unable to find suitable work as a doctorally trained psychotherapist/developmental psychologist (South XXXXXXX go figure!) well, 2 years ago, we moved here from XXXXXXX where my wife and daughter (a minor at the time) were covered by the CareFirst PPO (great plan as far as I was concerned). When I moved to Charleston and subsequently lost my (telecommuting) job in McLean, I was told by a private insurance broker that I was "uninsurable" because I had a titanium stent placed in my L carotid artery in 2007. The 99% occlusion was specific to that site, and the physicians concluded it was due to a traumatic or congenital dissection/defect of the artery, not arteriosclerotic pathology (due to its unique morphology), nonetheless I am barred from getting a health care plan WHATSOEVER. Do you think I will (eventually) get relief under the Healthcare for Americans Act? Any suggestions? (I used to ask my father, a retired gastroenterologist, these questions, but he died last month from ALS, and I don't have a lot of medical support at this time.) XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 22 hours later

Hope you are doing well.

Please join XXXXXXX at the below link.

You could make a few dollars part-time. The occlusion in your left carotid is either due to Trauma or congenital as the physicians said.

I hope that you would eventually be covered under the Healthcare for Americans Act. Since the president is working on it.

I am sorry about your father's demise.

Do not hesitate to write to me for any medical support that you need anytime.

I am sorry, XXXXXXX Things should settle down sooner than expected.

Take good care of your health. That is important.