Have headache, itchy skin, nausea and started vomiting. How to get relief?

Dec 2014

The past 3 days I have a very bad headache, started vomiting last night n very itchy skin as well this morning n I can't pick my head up cuz of nausea
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 17 minutes later

You had sudden onset headache, vomiting and itchy skin. In morning you had nausea. With available information, I can point out few possibilities-

-It may be a episode of migraine. Migraine is a vascular type of headache, it is more common in females, it occurs more in frontal and temporal region, it is a pulsatile headache. In most of the conditions it is associated with nausea, vomiting. In some persons photophobia and blurring of vision may be seen. Some times paresthesia and tingling also occur which may cause itch. It tends to occur in episodes. As you are having the clinical picture similar to this, most likely your headache is due to migraine only. Now coming to management. It can be managed by any good doctor. Medicines like Cinnarizine, Betahistine, Paracetamol + domperidone etc. are used and have good results. For prevention of headache Beta Blockers are prescribed. Newer drugs like naproxon are also useful.

For immediate relief you can take Paracetamol which is an over the counter drug (OTC) and aciloc. Both are easily available.

Avoid tea or coffee in excess amounts.
Sleep for at least 6-8 hours per day.

- Other thing that may be cause is attack of anxiety but severe headache is not there in anxiety alone. Shakiness, restlessness, sense of impending doom, sweating, epigastric emptiness etc. are main features. There are fewer chances that the headache is due to anxiety.

So visit a good Psychiatrist and take expert advice.

Hope, I cleared your doubt. I will be happy to answer you again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi M.D.
(Consultant Psychiatrist)