Have headache in the area slept on. Is this serious or related to poor blood circulation?

Nov 2013

I believe I have poor blood circulation in the back and side of my head when I sleep and wake up. When I wake up I have headache and head pain in the area I slept on. Is this serious. This has been going on for a week now
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 34 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious neurological problem.

However, you should get tested for the risk factors for reduced blood flow to brain, such as high BP, sugar, cholesterol and homocysteine.

If headache persists, you may get a brain scan done.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar Md DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist