Have headache at the top of head. MRI and EEG done. What does it mean?

recently i have visited to docs as i have headache since last two year at the top of head.
i have gone through MRI & EEG as per doctor there is a spot in my brain

Please also find below impression of report.

Request your advice for the same..

Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Calcified focus in the brain you have is not an active disease. It could be a healed focus of an active infection or granulomatous inflammation in the past. The most common cause for such a calcified focus is a parasitic infection called Neurocysticercosis.

Care has to be taken, as such lesions can cause seizures but in your case the EEG is normal then I believe there is no need to worry at all.

Hope, I answered your query.
Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have headache at the top of head. MRI and EEG done. What does it mean? 12 hours later

Thanks for clarification.

Request you to please advice what type of care has to be taken and please also advice the meanings of below mention words in simple langauge.

1. granulomatous inflammation
2. parasitic infection
3. lesions
4. seizures

Please also be noted, Presently i am taking medicine called "Valance OD 500" as adviced by doctor at the time of going to bed at night. Please advice if this medicine is ok.

Hope this will not troubling you.

Thank you very much again for your kind help.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

A regular EEG at every 6 months would be essential.

Granulomatous infection, is an infection which causes small point lesions.

Parasitic infections, Parasites are small worms which gain entry into the body through food and cause infection.

Lesions is a wound or swelling

seizure is a fit

Yes, you can take the medication advised.