Have headache and sore throat. Noticed lump in the labia minora. Worrisome

I have a lump/ball in the labia minora the right side. On a scale of 1 - 10 the pain without touching it is a 33 or 4 when touched it is like a 7 or 8. There is no head or puss only round ,hard and swollen. It is inside if that makes sense. I have been sick for about a week and a half now so idk if that has anything to do with it. My throat is very sore to touch and it hurts to move my neck have a a bad headache for about 4 or 5 days. I do have a slight cough that dose hurt my chest when i do cough. My main concern is the lump/ball that hurts I just thought to mention I have been sick so I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

You recent illness likely has nothing to do with what you are describing. The thing that you are describing sounds like one of the following:

1. An inclusion cysts (like a clogged sweat gland)
2. A Bartholin gland cyst or abscess
3. A Vulvar abscess

Given the level of pain you are describing, this likely should be checked out by an OB/GYN so you can get the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Until you can be seen, you need to soak the area in a warm tub or with warm compresses hoping that it might drain spontaneously. But definitely get in to be seen as soon as possible.

In reviewing your recent illness and past medical history, I do not think that your other problems are necessarily related.

I hope this helps!