Have headache and left ear swollen with burning sensation. Having pain and pressure in neck. Feeling tired and weak. Remedy?

Hi I have been getting headaches for a few weeks also the gland behind my left ear is swollen with a burning sensation, I get pain and pressure up and down my neck on the left side which feels like its linked to the gland ? Also i feel like pressure behind my left eye and my vision isn't very good since the onset of the headaches, I feel very tired and weak and my coordination is getting bad, I keep losing my balance am now starting to feel nauseous and various muscles are starting to ache, the main problem started 3 weeks ago with the neck pain and headaches but I am starting to get more and more symptoms ! Also last night I woke up for the toilet and my leg was completely numb and I couldn't use it atal a bit like pins and needles, I had to drag my leg in order to get to the toilet !
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 44 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Your symptoms around the neck on left side and its relation to the swollen possible lymph node behind your left ear would need to reviewed with a clinical examination. I think more than the relation of the above two, both are important and need separate evaluations with your history.

Yes, you seem to have many related symptoms of migraine types like your headache over weeks, radiation over the neck region, nausea, vision disturbances. This also curtails an immediate medical check to see if you have to be put on appropriate migraine medications right away to relieve them.

The fatigue, muscle pains, gait disturbances, loss of coordination over 3 weeks may or may not be related to your background issues. And your intensity of these symptoms towards numbness of legs and neuropathic (pins and needles) sensations would mandate a complete neurological review at the earliest. This might include you to undergo some medical tests starting from the basic ones like blood tests for glucose, mineral and vitamin deficiencies etc.

I would strongly suggest you need help with the right prescription drugs to alleviate your pain and immediate symptoms across and get reviewed for the glandular swelling behind your left ear at once. And then, correlate the diagnosis with results of tests when ready.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.