Have headache across forehead and temples with eye pain and nose pain. uncomfortable to wear contact lenses

I have had a headache across my forehead and temples for about a month on and off with pain behind my eyes and shooting pains down my face along my nose. My eyes are also very dry and it is uncomfortable to wear my contact lenses. I get pain in my eyes when i look directly at bright lights. What could be causing this?
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It could be a tension headache. However, if you are not stressed in your life, that could be related to a sinus infection. Some people experience this kind of headache several weeks after an infection.
There is a kind of headache which involve the pain in the eyes, but it causes tears from the eyes not dryness.
For some people who have pain when they look at bright light, the headaches are migraine. If you have a positive family history of this headaches or if you are taking a pill like contraceptive recently, this could be the cause. Let me know about them. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Have headache across forehead and temples with eye pain and nose pain. uncomfortable to wear contact lenses 2 hours later
I am not on any medication. I have suffered migraines in the past but they are very different and I don't tend to get pain in the eyes with them. This is more of a bolt of pain inmediately following contact with light. My eyes also feel very heavy as if they are bulging out of my sockets.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 14 hours later
Hi there, thanks again for the explanation. That could be related to your eye. dryness in the eyes change the refraction power and can cause pain because that eyes try to adapt with the images more. The cause for eye dryness are many. It could be related to doctor about them.