Have head swelling, constant pain and nausea after head injury. Should I be worried?

I fainted a week ago and fell and slammed the back of my head on counter on the way down...split it open about an inch and a half...head was really swollen and neck was really a week later I still have constant pain in my head and a little nausea...should I be worried?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ct brain required urgently Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you have had a pretty severe head injury, usually head injuries result in localised swelling and pain but not nausea. Constant head pain and nausea always needs further work up in the form on ct brain to rule out blood clot in the brain Here are my suggestions to you 1. Please do not ignore this any further , seek help from a physician to get a ct brain done as soon as possible 2. Tab naproxen will be help you with the headache . take one twice daily for not more than 3 days 3. Do not engage in strenuous activities until you get a ct brain done I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards