Have hcv. Planning to go for HCG diet to loose some weight. Is this effective?

General Surgeon
I have Hcv ... I would like to do an HCG diet to loose some weight... will this affect my hcv in any way? I would think it would be positive to loose weight..
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 27 minutes later
HCG diet involves very low calorie diet plan.
Because of HCV which is affecting the liver,there will be abdominal distension due to water retention.
HCV is a viral infection.It is not affected by HCG diet plan.
This plan will target only abnormal fat in areas like hips,thighs,belly,chin and abdomen.
1500 - 2000 calories of energy are released from these abnormal fat stores.
So,if you are having fat in the above mentioned areas,you can go for this HCG diet plan.
Losing weight is good.
But,please take advice of your Gastro enterologist before going for HCG diet plan.
If you have any queries,i will clarify further
Wish you good health