Have hashimoto's thyroiditis and taking thyroxine. Have yellowish skin on eyelids. Worrisome

I have yellowy skin on my eyelids.
I have hashimoto's thyroiditis and have been taking thyroxine for about 10 years. I am currently on 175mg per day. I was taking 200mg per day until a month ago when test results showed that my own thyroid had completely stopped functioning.
Does the discolouration around my eyes have anything to do with this?
If not, what do you think the problem could be?
The doctor told me it's part of getting older.
I'm a 49 year old female with medium to olive complexion in general good health otherwise.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Common cause of yellowy eye lids are anemia, jaundice, Xanthelasma and high dose of beta carotene etc.

It is not possible to diagnose the cause without examination.

You should consult a Dermatologist, so that he can examine, advise tests if required, diagnose and prescribe you treatment accordingly.

With good wishes,