Have hashimotos, taking gluten free diet. Reason for headache, low grade fever, joint and muscle pain?
User rating for this question
I have been having a low grade fever on and off for 5 days. Joint and muscle pain, headaches. I went to the ER on Monday, my WBC was 31.7 and the C-reactive protein was 38.9, the GGT was 43. I have hashimotos, and have been doing a gluten free diet for about 6 months now. I accidentaly ate some gluten. Could this be the cause of all this? Both blood cultures and urine cultures came back negative, as did the chest x-ray.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 23 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. As you mentioned, having a special diet is very important in Celiac. Since body is sensitive to gluten, the reaction could be immunologic in response to the gluten. It can involve thyroid (hashimotos), skin (dermatitis herpetiform), or other parts of the body. I recommend that you consult your doctor about the diet and be careful about it. Fortunately, there are lots of foods alternative you can eat. Feel free to ask me any question. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Have hashimotos, taking gluten free diet. Reason for headache, low grade fever, joint and muscle pain? 3 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 24 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for the explanation. When somebody is sensitive to gluten, the exposure can cause a reaction like an infection as you said. Fortunately, in most of the time it resolves when you do not eat foods containing gluten. Otherwise it can affect your thyroid function as well. I wish you a good health.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for keratosis
- Treatment and cure for inflammatory myopathy
- Low back pain low grade fever and headache
- Insomnia low grade fever headaches
- Testosterone injections dosage for men
- Metformin dose for weight loss
- Running a low grade fever and headache
- Low dose testosterone for women
- Headache back pain and low grade fever
- Treatment and cure for nerve root compression
- Levothyroxine dose for weight loss
- Treatment and cure for genitourinary infection
- Recommended dose of iodine thyroid
- Reason for chest tightness and pain and low grade fever
- Treatment and cure for cardiogenic shock