Have hashimoto's. Taking adderall. Suffer constipation, fatigue, anemic and memory loss. Stomach feels bloated and found blood in stools. Help?

I have hashimoto's but endo says all numbers are fine except I have a cortisol level of 5 in the morning. He said it could be because of adderall, but is not accurate because I should be dropping weight. I have constipation, extreme fatigue, anemic, scary memory loss (couldn't write a letter c one day), psoriasis, stomach pain in lower left abdominal, mucas and once blood in stool, bleed between periods, sores do not heal, and stomach feels bloated most of the time. He advised me to get a sleep study and dismissed the only number that he found to be abnormal. Please help me.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 28 minutes later
When was the last time your thyroid levels were checked. May I know the results please along with antibody lab tests that suggest you have hashimotos. Also may I now how long approximately you have been on adderal?
Follow-up: Have hashimoto's. Taking adderall. Suffer constipation, fatigue, anemic and memory loss. Stomach feels bloated and found blood in stools. Help? 10 minutes later
I will have to have those results faxed tomorrow but have not had much luck. I wad, told fifteen years ago that I had an antibody in my thyroid by university doctor. My labs were taken a year ago. I now have no insurance and had to close my business, due to my health. I gave up gluten trying to help myself and it has reduced my muscle pain significantly, but made me unable to drink milk without breaking out in hives or immediately needing to run to the bathroom. I have been taking adderral for six years. I now take 20mg three times a day. Without it I cannot function at all. I will do my best to get the results tomorrow. He acted like hashimoto's was nothing, that we just wait it out until my numbers are bad enough. I just need to know the best direction to go because I have been to three doctors with no luck. If I need another panel done I will borrow money to do it. I can't raise my boys like this. I am a crazy person. Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
I have noted your responses.

Adderral is not known to affect the cortisol levels like this. It is usually medications/drugs like prednisone/hydrocortisone/dexamethasone/medrol dose pack that cause a cortisol blood test like that. If you were not on these type of steroids at the time of the test then this lab result merits further attention.
Essentially adrenal insufficiency needs to be ruled out.
I understand you do not have health insurance.

I still recommend a repeat blood test for
8 am cortisol
Cortisol binding globulin

If the 8 am cortisol is still less than 10 then an 'ACTH stimulation test' is worth considering.

There are other tests that I would also recommend such as ACTH and anti 21 hydroxylase antibodies along with
Total T4
Total T3
T3 resin uptake
Free T4
TPO antibodies
TG antibodies