Have hashimoto thyroid. Low ferritin level of 8, spleen pain. Can iron deficiency cause spleen pain?

Low ferritin level of 8 , spleen pain. Hashimoto thyroid. Can iron deficiency cause spleen pain?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.

Yes, enlarged spleen due to any cause including in your case pain. In fact one of the symptom whereby doctor suspects splenic enlargement is patient telling him of:
Feeling discomfort, fullness, or pain on the upper left side of the abdomen; this pain may spread to his/her left shoulder.

If you have any followup query, I shall be most happy to answer.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW