Have hardening of muscle tissue on upper right arm and chest above nipple. How to get relief?

hello i have a slowly hardening of muscle tissue on my upper right arm and on my chest above my nipple at times they ache and seem to be slowly getting worse
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Abid 47 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Muscle spasm in the right arm and right side of the chest can be due to multiple reasons like cervical spondylosis, anxiety, trauma, myopathy or even costochondritis. Although emphysema can lead to chest pain, it would lead to a more generalized type of chest pain. If you have been diagnosed with emphysema only in the right lung, please let me know.
To help me guide you better, please answer the following questions.
a.     How long have you had this problem?
b.     Is it associated with any pain in the neck or tingling in the fingers?
c.     Have you sustained any trauma?
d.     Have you taken any treatment for this?
e.     Does the pain increase on breathing in or out?
f.     Has any test been done for this?
g.     What is the medication that you are currently receiving?
Awaiting your reply