Have hard whitehead on the outside corner of eye. Should I be worried?

I have a hard whitehead on the outside corner of my eye. It has been there for months. Is this anything to worry about?
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing you.
The white head you are talking about can be sebaceous cyst /milia/molluscum contagiosum etc.

If you can upload a good closeup photo of the affected area I could further predict about the condition and its treatment.

Also I would like to know-
I would like to know-

Do you have any pain/itching over the area?

Since when you have this?

Is there any discharge/ scales over the affected area? Is there any skin discoloration of surrounding skin ?

Upload the photographs and answer the question and we can continue the discussion here.
There is nothing to be worried about all of the above mentioned conditions are treatable.

Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Have hard whitehead on the outside corner of eye. Should I be worried? 24 hours later
There is no pain, scaling or discoloration. I have had for several months. There is no discharge—I have tried to squeeze it but nothing comes out. I have looked at pictures on line of the conditions you named and the milia looks the most like it. I also notice that around my eye there are other smaller pumps as well.
Thank you for your help, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 59 minutes later
Thanks for details.
Most likely condition you have is Milia.
It is an epidermal growth.
It can be removed by a comedone extractor or needle at home or at skin clinic .
Apply a topical antibiotic like soframycin over the area after the removal.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for any further clarification.
Follow-up: Have hard whitehead on the outside corner of eye. Should I be worried? 4 hours later
Thank you very much. Is there any thing you recommend to prevent this condition?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
HI again,
The thing can recur to prevent this you need to use a good quality anti seborrheic face wash like Papulex face wash.It would prevent milia formation and also improve skin tone.
Hope this helps.
If you are satisfied with the answer please accept it and rate at its end.

DR Sudarshan