Have hard, painless and non movable lump in groin area. Looking for your suggestion

i have a hard painless lump (size of a pea) that does not seem movable. its located in my groin area more specifically the under carriage past my scrotum more on the crease of my back upper left inner thigh .... i am a 43 year old white male and in good health with no additional symptoms - the lump has been there for approximately 7 days with no change in size... any guidance would be greatly appreciated before i see a health care professional this week.... thank you
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Based on the description and location of the swelling, it can be either of the following.
1. Furuncle/Folliculitis. Most of the times they are painful. Somehowevr can be cold.
2. Lymph Nodes. The inguinal and groin lymphnodes if enlarged can present as such mass lesions.
3. Seminal vesicles. Swelling arisng from seminal vesicles can present at that area.
4. Cysts.. Sebaceous etc.

Its difficult to pin point the causes without a clinical examination.

Since you do not have any associated symptoms,its unlikely to be an acute infectious process.
I would recommend that you consult your physician such that the swelling can be examined and biopsied if necessary.

Hope this answers your query.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran